I made this recipe because of my love for avocados and corn, particularly in the summer when sweet corn is in season. If sweet corn is not in season, not to worry, frozen corn works as well in the winter months. —Laura Schultz
Ears of Corn, shucked
Salted Butter, divided
Dried Chipotle Pepper
In This Recipe
1. Boil the corncobs in a stock pot filled with water until cooked, approximately 5-8 minutes after water is boiling.
2. While the corn is cooking, place the avocado pieces, 1 Tbl. salted butter, and ¼ cup sour cream in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Cool cobs under running cold water. Cut the corn off the cobs.
4. Add 3 Tbl. salted butter and 1 tsp. dried chipotle pepper to a fry pan and melt butter and incorporate pepper. Add corn and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to coat corn with butter/pepper mixture. Remove corn from heat and put in serving bowl.
5. Dollop the Avocado Cream (may not use all of it) over the corn in a bowl. Ready to serve!