If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you think this is anything like wimpy ginger ale, think again. With a healthy dose of ginger, Quick Ginger Beer packs quite a bite.
Cooking tip: For a less intense drink, cut back on the amount of syrup, or use a lemon-lime soft drink in place of the sparkling water. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/quick-ginger-beer —Healthline
- 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 4-inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- sparkling water or club soda
- Remove zest from lime and finely chop; squeeze juice from lime into a large saucepan. Add water, sugar and ginger and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes; remove from heat and allow to steep for 1 hour. Strain mixture and chill until ready to use.
- Pour 2 to 4 tablespoons of the syrup into a tall glass filled with ice; fill with sparkling water and stir to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
More Great Recipes: