If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 ( 1 pound ) phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 large red plums
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut phyllo dough in to the 12 inch squares, brush each sheet of phyllo with melted butter, stacking sheets on each other rotating slightly, use all sheets. Put the stacked sheets all at ones in 9 inch cake pan lined with parchment paper brushed with the butter. Gently push it into the corner and make a few vents in the bottom before baking .
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350F. Take out and let slightly cool.
- In meantime make almond filling and slice the plums.
- For almond filling mix all ingredient in the bowl and keep on the side.
- Start with sliced plums at the middle of crust and continue in circle shape pattern.
- Pour almond filling over plums.
- Bake 60-65 minutes on 350F or until the custard is set, covering with foil towards the end to prevent burning.
- Cool in the pan for 1-2 hours. Push pan bottom up, releasing cake from pan.
- You can serve at room temperature after is cooled.
- Use sharp serrated knife to cut.
- Make the day before and keep in the fridge, crust will still stay crispy but it will get firm and give you clean cut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe