(1 pound) phyllo dough
cup melted butter
large red plums
cup 35% cream
cup ground almond
In This Recipe
- Cut phyllo dough into the 12-inch squares, brush each sheet of phyllo with melted butter, stacking sheets on each other rotating slightly, use all sheets. Put the stacked sheets all at ones in 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper brushed with the butter. Gently push it into the corner and make a few vents in the bottom before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350F. Take out and let slightly cool.
- In meantime make the almond filling and slice the plums.
- For almond filling mix all ingredient in the bowl and keep on the side.
- Start with sliced plums in the middle of crust and continue in circle shape pattern.
- Pour almond filling over plums.
- Bake 60-65 minutes on 350F or until the custard is set, covering with foil towards the end to prevent burning.
- Cool in the pan for 1-2 hours. Push pan bottom up, releasing cake from pan.
- You can serve at room temperature after is cooled.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to cut.
- Make the day before and keep in the fridge, the crust will still stay crispy but it will get firm and give you a clean cut.