If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soft floral Black Tea Cake sandwiched with fruity Bramble Jam.
(Recipe adapted from Lady and Pups.) —Hope
Makes one 6 inch cake
- 12 grams Black Tea
- 200 grams Milk
- 170 grams Unsalted Butter, Room temperature
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 50 grams Honey
- 270 grams Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- pinches Salt
- Place the tea leaves into a spice/coffee grinder and grind until the tea leaves are the size of ground coffee. Pour the milk into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Add in the ground tea leaves. Once the milk has come to the boil, take off the heat and leave aside until cool (or refrigerate if your tight on time.)
- Pre-heat your oven to 175C. Grease and line a 6 inch cake tin
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. If your cake is browning too quickly, cover the top with aluminium foil for the rest of the baking time.
- Once baked, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the tin and leave to cool completely.