If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For the roasted asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 500 grams / 1 lb asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
For the brown butter lime sauce
- 85 grams / 6 tbsp butter
- 3 to 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once your pan is piping hot, carefully place the salmon (lay it away from you, not towards you or you might get burnt by the butter) and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, until salmon has cooked through. Serve immediately, drizzled with sauce.
- For the brown butter lime sauce: Place the butter in a small saucepan and allow to melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is fragrant and has turned slightly brown (but not burnt). Remove from the heat and allow to cool down a little bit before pouring into a blender along with the lime juice and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and blend until well combined. Pour sauce back into the pan, straining it if need be. You may need to rewarm it on low heat before serving.
- For the roasted asparagus: Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F and line a roasting tin with aluminium foil. Cut off the asparagus ends if they are tough. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss the spears to coat them evenly. Arrange the asparagus spears in a single layer. Depending on your oven and the thickness of the asparagus, roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the asparagus are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com