If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe is from my aunt Jagica collection, such a special, wonderful person that help everybody and a great baker. Everybody loves her, her cooking and baking.
I use the half dough for cookies (about 40-50 double cookies) and another half for apple slab pie.
Makes about 40-50 double cookies
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces shortening
- 8 ounces icing sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds flour
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest
- jam of your choice ( I use apricot jam )
- In the bowl beat the butter, shortening and sugar until smooth ( 2-3 minutes ). Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Gently stir in the flour just until incorporated.
- Flatten the dough into 4 disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough until firm but not hard (30 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Roll out the dough between two parchment papers.
- Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut out the cookies. Make sure you put the same size cookies on the baking sheet for even baking.
- Bake for 6 - 8 minutes for smaller cookies, or until the cookies change colour.
- Using a small knife place a jam on a whole cookie, place a cookie with a hole over the whole cookie, repeat.
- You can use different jams.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Cookie from Anywhere in the World
More Great Recipes: