Makes: make 20 macaroons
pinches sea salt
cups unsweetened, shredded coconut ( 8 oz - 250 g )
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Combine the egg whites, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the egg whites and sugar are combined.
- Add the coconut to the egg white mixture and stir.
- With wet hands or small ice cream scoop shape the coconut mixture into small balls. Space them an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons 15-20 minutes.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet. (macaroons will be crispy)
- Store the cookies in airtight containers. (macaroons will become soft)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut