If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: 1 (3 cup) jar
- Wash and slice the lemons into quarters, just a little over 3/4 of the way.
- Fill each lemon with as much salt as possible.
- Stuff the lemon into the jar, and push to release its juices.
- When the jar is full add one tbs of salt and more lemon juice (if it is needed) to cover the lemons.
- Leave at room temperature for 2-3 days flipping over until salt is melted. Store in the refrigerator and live for 4-5 weeks before start using.You can store the lemons in the refrigerator for several months.
- When a recipe calls for preserved lemon, discard pulp and wash the peel to remove excess salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe