Makes: 1 (3 cup) jar
In This Recipe
- Wash and slice the lemons into quarters, just a little over 3/4 of the way.
- Fill each lemon with as much salt as possible.
- Stuff the lemon into the jar, and push to release its juices.
- When the jar is full add one tbs of salt and more lemon juice (if it is needed) to cover the lemons.
- Leave at room temperature for 2-3 days flipping over until salt is melted. Store in the refrigerator and live for 4-5 weeks before start using.You can store the lemons in the refrigerator for several months.
- When a recipe calls for preserved lemon, discard pulp and wash the peel to remove excess salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe