If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mojitos are great on their own, but adding ginger, blackberries, and ginger ale really kicks the drink up and makes it the perfect refreshment to chill with on a hot summer day. —Laura Dembowski
Food52 Review: WHO: Laura Dembowski is the author of the blog Pies and Plots.
WHAT: A berry riff on the traditional Cuban highball.
HOW: Make a mojito, but trade in the traditional lime and sugar for sweet blackberries and ginger. Skip the soda water (but keep the rum) and top with ginger ale.
WHY WE LOVE IT: The mojito is difficult to improve upon but this variation holds its own against the classic day drink—plus we love that it gives us another excuse to enjoy summer berries. —The Editors
Makes: 1 drink
Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh mint
tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
4 to 6
ounces ginger ale
ice cubes or frozen blackberries to serve
- In a tall glass, muddle the mint, ginger, and fresh blackberries until well combined.
- Top with the rum, then the ginger ale.
- Add frozen blackberries or ice cubes to keep the drink cool.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks