If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Refreshing with a hint of floral is how we would describe this cocktail. We made a basil ginger syrup that complimented our DIY Gin (Hendricks is a great alternative). Along with Lillet and a splash of tonic, this cocktail is one to sip on a warm spring afternoon. —Pizza Night Vermont
Basil Ginger Syrup
- 8 ounces Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sliced Ginger
- 6-8 Basil Leaves
- Combine 8 ounces of water with 3/4 cup sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add sliced ginger, about a thumb size worth, and 6-8 basil leaves.
- Let steep for 30 minutes. Remove basil and ginger.
Gin and Ginger Cocktail
- 1 Part Gin, Hendricks or DIY Gin
- 1 Part Basil Ginger Syrup
- 1 Part Lillet
- Splash of Tonic
- Basil Leaf for Garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine gin, basil ginger syrup and Lillet.
- Shake vigorously. Pour over ice in a low-ball glass. Add tonic and garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: