Author Notes: Categories: Kids, Vegetarian
This cake is simple to make and delicious. I have had the recipe a long time but can no longer remember the source. —woo wei-duan
grams butter, room temperature
grams caster sugar
extra large eggs (200 grams), carefully separate the white from the yolk and keep in sepa-rate containers covered with cling film until room temperature
grams cake or 00 flour
grams baking powder
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 180 C or 160 C if using a fan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks mixing well after adding each one.
- Add the lemon zest and ricotta to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- In a separate very clean bowl (you can rub a cut lemon on the surface of the bowl to ensure there is no leftover residue), beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add a spoonful of the egg white to the ricotta mixture and incorporate.
- Fold the rest of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Fold the flour, baking powder, and salt into this mixture.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until risen, firm to touch, and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool 1 hour in the tin before removing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.