If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Categories: Kids, Vegetarian
This cake is simple to make and delicious. I have had the recipe a long time but can no longer remember the source. —woo wei-duan
grams butter, room temperature
grams caster sugar
extra large eggs (200 grams), carefully separate the white from the yolk and keep in sepa-rate containers covered with cling film until room temperature
grams cake or 00 flour
grams baking powder
- Heat oven to 180 C or 160 C if using a fan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks mixing well after adding each one.
- Add the lemon zest and ricotta to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- In a separate very clean bowl (you can rub a cut lemon on the surface of the bowl to ensure there is no leftover residue), beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add a spoonful of the egg white to the ricotta mixture and incorporate.
- Fold the rest of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture.
- Fold the flour, baking powder, and salt into this mixture.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until risen, firm to touch, and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool 1 hour in the tin before removing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.