If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lavender is a lovely and soothing herb that offers various healing benefits. This lavender lemonade is a perfectly refreshing daytime cocktail that embodies the essence of summer. —Sarah Elizabeth
Food52 Review: I would have never thought of lavender as a chief ingredient in flavoring lemonade, given its association with laundry and soap. But now as I sip away, the herbal characteristics and notes of rosemary remain on the palate and I understand the pairing. Honey is the perfect choice for sweetening this beverage, as it blend together in a wonderful harmony with the lavender. Topped off with a touch of either sparkling water or Prosecco, this beverage evokes a sense of the mild, pleasant, and sunny aura of spring. For a kid-friendly and equally delicious option, feel free to omit the fizzy stuff. —Panfusine
cup dried lavender flowers
3 to 4
tablespoons local honey
cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
splash Prosecco or San Pellegrino
Slices of lemon, for garnish
Sprigs of lavender, for garnish
- In a French press, steep boiling water with the lavender for 10 minutes. Press the plunger to trap the lavender in the bottom. Pour the liquid into a pitcher.
- Stir in the honey while the water is still warm.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve over ice with a splash of Prosecco or San Pellegrino. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks