Author Notes: Lavender is a lovely and soothing herb that offers various healing benefits. This lavender lemonade is a perfectly refreshing daytime cocktail that embodies the essence of summer. —Sarah Elizabeth
Food52 Review: I would have never thought of lavender as a chief ingredient in flavoring lemonade, given its association with laundry and soap. But now as I sip away, the herbal characteristics and notes of rosemary remain on the palate and I understand the pairing. Honey is the perfect choice for sweetening this beverage, as it blend together in a wonderful harmony with the lavender. Topped off with a touch of either sparkling water or Prosecco, this beverage evokes a sense of the mild, pleasant, and sunny aura of spring. For a kid-friendly and equally delicious option, feel free to omit the fizzy stuff. —Panfusine
cup dried lavender flowers
3 to 4
tablespoons local honey
cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
splash Prosecco or San Pellegrino
Slices of lemon, for garnish
Sprigs of lavender, for garnish
- In a French press, steep boiling water with the lavender for 10 minutes. Press the plunger to trap the lavender in the bottom. Pour the liquid into a pitcher.
- Stir in the honey while the water is still warm.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve over ice with a splash of Prosecco or San Pellegrino. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks