If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am an avid reader of culinary blogs, especially when it comes to healthy food and organic. Among these blogs, I love Green Kitchen Story. You may already know this couple. They keep the blog together and published (or suggest?) An application on the Appstore. I wanted to revisit (but mostly French adapt) one of their recipes in my own way, their Blueberry, Lemon and Almond cake. When I think adapt, it is mainly replace the almond flour (which costs a fortune) with almond powder and chestnut flour that are much less expensive. I also decided not to make glazing that I generally find too sweet. —Mary Devinat
- 1 1/2 cups almond powder
- 3/4 cup chestnut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder gluten free
- 1/2 baking soda
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar or 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 small lemons
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the almond powder, chestnut flour, baking soda and baking powder. Next, zest lemons.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with the sugar (or agave syrup) and add the lemon zest. Then also add the lemon juice. Mix this preparation with preparations of almonds. Complete by 3 eggs and mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a mold covered with baking paper. Post over the blueberries. Finally, bake at 350°F for 45 minutes (see 50 min).