If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Garden Mule is a fresh take on the Moscow Mule. I muddle blueberries, cucumber, and mint and then add classic Moscow Mule ingredients: vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. I love the beautiful purple-blue color of this refreshing summer cocktail. —Kim at Something New For Dinner
Food52 Review: Tasty and refreshing! I barely noticed the vodka—so I think that qualifies as a good daytime drink. The ginger beer (Reed's brand) makes it nice and spicy, and I love the fizz. Candied ginger garnish is a cute idea. —cratecooking
- 4 slices cucumber
- 16 blueberries, divided
- 6 mint leaves, plus sprig for garnish
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 cup ginger beer (preferably Fever Tree or Maine Root—something spicy and not too sweet)
- 1 piece candied ginger, for garnish
- Put the cucumber, 8 blueberries, and mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Muddle until crushed and juicy. Add a handful of ice, vodka, and lime juice. Cover the shaker and shake for about 15 seconds.
- Fill a Moscow Mule mug with ice. Strain the liquid from the shaker into the mug. Top with ginger beer and 4 blueberries. Thread 4 remaining blueberries and candied ginger on a toothpick and use to garnish with a sprig of mint.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks