If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my wake-me-up beverage of choice when I want something that will keep me going from early morning until sunset. —Vy Tran
Food52 Review: This recipe turned out a nice, strong iced coffee. I used a French press, since I don't have the traditional metal filter recommended for brewing using Café du Monde with chicory. I don't know if it's the brewing method or the recipe, but this is not your usual cup of iced coffee. This drink showcases some serious chicory coffee flavor and packs a powerful punch. Now that's an iced coffee I can get behind. —Allison Bruns Buford
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Vietnamese coffee (Café Du Monde with chicory or any dark roast coffee)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Pour condensed milk into a small glass.
- Place a traditional metal drip filter over the glass and add coffee then boiling water.
- Let coffee drip for 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has drained from filter. If coffee stops dripping sooner, gently loosen the filter to relieve pressure and allow more coffee to drip through.
- Mix coffee and condensed milk together with a spoon.
- Add ice, stir, and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: