Author Notes: This is my wake-me-up beverage of choice when I want something that will keep me going from early morning until sunset. —Vy Tran
Food52 Review: This recipe turned out a nice, strong iced coffee. I used a French press, since I don't have the traditional metal filter recommended for brewing using Café du Monde with chicory. I don't know if it's the brewing method or the recipe, but this is not your usual cup of iced coffee. This drink showcases some serious chicory coffee flavor and packs a powerful punch. Now that's an iced coffee I can get behind. —Allison Bruns Buford
tablespoons condensed milk, to taste
tablespoons Vietnamese coffee (Café Du Monde with chicory or any dark roast coffee)
cup boiling water
cup crushed ice
- Pour condensed milk into a small glass.
- Place a traditional metal drip filter over the glass and add coffee then boiling water.
- Let coffee drip for 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has drained from filter. If coffee stops dripping sooner, gently loosen the filter to relieve pressure and allow more coffee to drip through.
- Mix coffee and condensed milk together with a spoon.
- Add ice, stir, and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks