If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 8 inch cake
- 1 medium savoy cabbage
- 1.3 pounds ( 600g ) ground chicken
- 2 cups shredded blenched savoy cabbage
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup red roasted peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon caper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Cut out and remove the core from savoy cabbage, peel one by one leaf and cut out the tough stem from each cabbage leaf with a paring knife.
- Blanch leaves in salted water for 3-4 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Line 8 inch springform with parchment paper.
- Arrange the leaves so they cover the sides of the dish, they should be fanned out, overlapping and hanging over the edges, cover bottom and save 4-5 lives for the top.Rest of the leafs slice and squeeze out access water, you will have about 2 cups.
- Add sliced cabbage, ground chicken , ricotta, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, red roasted peppers, green onions, 1/2 cup cold water, caper, salt, black pepper and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- Put in a prepare springform and cover with rest of the cabbage leaves. Brush the top with olive oil.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, cover with aluminum foil and bake for additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with egg sauce ( Put 4 hard boiled eggs, salt, 1 tsp mustard, black pepper, pinch cayenne peppers and 1/3-1/2 cup water in food processor and puree until well blended ), don't boil the sauce just warm it up.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff