If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The humble frozen pea is a saviour in my kitchen. I toss them into green salads, into soups and almost every stew I throw together. In this delicious soup recipe they take center stage —The Cautious Vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 small green onions, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 5 ounces boursin garlic & fine herbs cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in your soup pot over medium heat. When melted add the green onions. Sauté for a minute or so, or until just wilted.
- Add the broth and peas and bring to a simmer, cook for about 10 minutes. Using a potato masher (or emersion blender) lightly mash the soup, you want some creaminess but also some whole peas.
- Stir in the cheese, taste for salt. Grind in some pepper and serve immediately.