If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a really great way to use up stale hot cross buns (if they last that long in your house, they don't in ours!). —madlovefood
- 1 egg
- 2 hot cross buns (stale)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream
- .5 cups milk
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, milk, cream and vanilla.
- Soak one half of a hot cross bun in the mixture for a few minutes, then flip and soak again. Repeat until all bread is soaked.
- In a hot pan, melt some butter. Pop in bread and cook for a few minutes until golden, then flip and cook other side (make sure it’s cooked through to the middle).
- Serve with a dollop of cream, fresh fruit and melted chocolate (I actually melted some easter eggs and drizzled it on top. Yes, I have a problem).