If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally created this as a festive Fourth of July recipe...but it's delicious for spring or summer (and perfect for a little day drinking!) —Stephanie
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Heat all ingredients to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool to room temperature, remove vanilla bean before using.
- Note: This method leaves the blueberries whole; if a smoother consistency is desired, blend mixture after cooked and cooled.
- 3/4 cup blueberry syrup (see above)
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 cans ginger ale
- Fill four old fashioned glasses halfway full with ice.
- Mix blueberry syrup and bourbon. Divide between the four glasses.
- Squeeze a quarter lime wedge into each glass.
- Top with ginger ale and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks