If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the perks of crafting a shandygaff is that you have a wide range of flavor profiles and options from which to choose! With so few ingredients, the type and flavor of the ginger ale and beer will have a noticeable impact on the taste. If you want a stronger ginger flavor, choose a less-sweet (small batch) ginger beer or use a lighter beer. For a sweeter drink, try a mild (commercial) ginger ale. I found a milder amber beer to have a nice flavor but also tried one that had been brewed with herbs instead of hops. —Stephanie
- 24 ounces beer (Pilsner, witbier, or light ale is suggested)
- 12 ounces ginger beer or ginger ale
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Chill pint glasses in freezer before using. Thoroughly chill both beer and ginger beer.
- Combine beer, ginger beer, and pineapple juice in a pitcher.
- Squeeze 1 lemon slice into each cold glass. Fill and enjoy (preferably by a pool!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: