If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thanks to Judy P. for passing this recipe on. A very simple soup to make in a pinch. Serve by itself or with rice and chapatis. —Eden Tosch
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 quart veggie broth (or water)
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Warm the ghee in a pot.
- Toast the flour for a minute, then add the cumin, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, pepper, and turmeric.
- When the flour is toasted and the spices release their fragrance, add the carrot, cauliflower, and broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Puree the soup in the pot directly with a hand-held mixer, or in batches in the blender.
- Season the soup with salt to taste and cilantro.