If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The quiche is a perfect "all-rounder" of a dish. It's great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks! This one in particular also uses a lot of pantry and freezer staples that makes it an easy weeknight dish. —Tory Nettleton
packet Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
cup frozen peas (or fresh, if you can get them!)
slices of thick cut bacon, sliced into lardons
pre-made pie crust (or homemade if you're a star!)
cup whole milk
cup Parmesan, grated
tablespoons parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons canola oil
- Roast your Brussels sprouts in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Toss them in canola or vegetable oil and salt and pepper. Once finished, take them out and set them aside. Reduce the heat of your oven to 375 degrees.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, put your bacon lardons in a sauté pan and fry over medium heat until the fat is rendered and you’re left with crispy bits, about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined dish.
- Unroll your piecrust and arrange it in a pie dish. You can crimp the edges if you want, or you can leave it “rustic." Prick the pie crust all over the bottom and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes then take it out.
- Sprinkle most of your parmesan over the bottom of the pie crust, leaving enough to sprinkle over the top of the quiche before baking. Next, add the Brussels sprouts, then peas, then bacon.
- Whisk your eggs and then mix in the milk, a pinch or two of salt and nice grinding of pepper. Add this to the quiche, pouring over the fillings. Sprinkle the parsley and the rest of the parmesan over the top of the quiche.
- Put the pie dish on a baking sheet in case any of the egg mixture overflows during baking, and place the whole shebang in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The filling should be set without any jiggle (you may want to check a few times) and the crust should be golden.
- Cut a slice and enjoy with a big, green salad! Then enjoy with some fruit the next day for breakfast. Then just cut yourself a tiny sliver for a snack. Then just eat it for dinner again!