Author Notes: I love fruit margaritas, but often the frozen kind are made with fruit-flavored syrups instead of real fruit. This recipe uses real strawberries and absolutely zero sweet and sour mix. —Marshmallows&Margaritas
Food52 Review: This was very good. It's very straight forward and there is a ton of strawberry to keep it from being too much for a spring afternoon. I quite enjoyed it. —Sarahgreenbean
Prep time: 5 min
cup simple syrup
ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
ounce orange liqueur
ounces tequila (Preferably 100% agave)
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and place the strawberries in a blender with 2 tablespoons of the simple syrup. Pulse the blender a few times until you have a liquid with some small pieces of strawberry.
- Stir the strawberry mixture together with the lime juice, orange liqueur, and tequila, then taste. Add additional 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, if needed.
- Shake or stir the mixture with plenty of ice and pour into two glasses with ice. Garnish each margarita with a lime wedge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks