If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love fruit margaritas, but often the frozen kind are made with fruit-flavored syrups instead of real fruit. This recipe uses real strawberries and absolutely zero sweet and sour mix. —Marshmallows&Margaritas
Food52 Review: This was very good. It's very straight forward and there is a ton of strawberry to keep it from being too much for a spring afternoon. I quite enjoyed it. —Sarahgreenbean
cup simple syrup
ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
ounce orange liqueur
ounces tequila (Preferably 100% agave)
- Cut the stems off the strawberries and place the strawberries in a blender with 2 tablespoons of the simple syrup. Pulse the blender a few times until you have a liquid with some small pieces of strawberry.
- Stir the strawberry mixture together with the lime juice, orange liqueur, and tequila, then taste. Add additional 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, if needed.
- Shake or stir the mixture with plenty of ice and pour into two glasses with ice. Garnish each margarita with a lime wedge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks