If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light and refreshing drink with warming ginger, floral-scented elderflower, and all the naughtiness of gin! —Thai Me Up Kitchen
Food52 Review: This is a great afternoon cocktail because the gin is not at all overpowering. In fact, it's almost completely masked; for those wanting a boozier cocktail, I'd recommend decreasing the amount of ginger beer. This drink is very refreshing, with the spiciness of the ginger beer balanced perfectly by the sweetness of the elderflower. This fizz was the perfect way to reward myself after a morning spent spring cleaning. I was tempted to skip the garnishes, but their addition made the drink a much more festive way to celebrate opening my apartment windows for the first time this year! —mobloom
3 to 4
ounce elderflower cordial
ounces ginger beer
good squeeze of lime
Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
lemongrass stalk, slightly bashed
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Add the gin and elderflower cordial and stir to mix.
- Top up with the ginger beer and a good squeeze of lime.
- Make it pretty with some mint leaves and use the lemongrass as a fragrant stirrer.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
More Great Recipes: