If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My tea concoction has a chocolate base that uses Numi Organic Pu•erh Tea. Pu•erh is a variety of tea that is picked from 500 year-old trees before undergoing a special fermentation process; it helps to provide a boost of energy and I prefer it brewed cold rather than hot.
This recipe makes 2 quarts; it is an easy refrigerator tea, a chocolate mixture that is smooth and refreshing. Enjoy it plain over ice cubes or with a shot of Vodka…Chocolate preferred!
Makes 2 quarts
- 4 Chocolate Pu•erh tea bags
- 2 Vanilla Caramel tea bags (I prefer Bigelow)
- 8 cups (2 quarts) tap or room temperature water (filtered would be great)
- Needed: at the least, a 2 quart (64 oz.) container with lid
- Optional – Vodka, Chocolate preferred
- Hang tea bags inside the container with strings hanging over the rim.
- Add water make sure tea bags are immersed in water as well as they can be. Note: when they are dry they will just float at first.
- Twist lid on and put in fridge for at least 6 hours to overnight; bounce/dip the tea bags in and out of water a couple times before removing them.
- Squeeze and remove the tea bags, fill a pitcher or glasses with ice cubes and pour in the tea.
- Optional, add 1 shot of plain or Chocolate Vodka per glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks