Author Notes: My tea concoction has a chocolate base that uses Numi Organic Pu•erh Tea. Pu•erh is a variety of tea that is picked from 500 year-old trees before undergoing a special fermentation process; it helps to provide a boost of energy and I prefer it brewed cold rather than hot.
This recipe makes 2 quarts; it is an easy refrigerator tea, a chocolate mixture that is smooth and refreshing. Enjoy it plain over ice cubes or with a shot of Vodka…Chocolate preferred!
Makes: 2 quarts
4 Chocolate Pu•erh tea bags
2 Vanilla Caramel tea bags (I prefer Bigelow)
8 cups (2 quarts) tap or room temperature water (filtered would be great)
Needed: at the least, a 2 quart (64 oz.) container with lid
Optional – Vodka, Chocolate preferred
- Hang tea bags inside the container with strings hanging over the rim.
- Add water make sure tea bags are immersed in water as well as they can be. Note: when they are dry they will just float at first.
- Twist lid on and put in fridge for at least 6 hours to overnight; bounce/dip the tea bags in and out of water a couple times before removing them.
- Squeeze and remove the tea bags, fill a pitcher or glasses with ice cubes and pour in the tea.
- Optional, add 1 shot of plain or Chocolate Vodka per glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks