Author Notes: A classic cocktail with a berry twist! Fresh blackberries are muddled with lemon and tart cherry juice. Shaken with a mix of XO grade brandy & Cointreau, this is a fun, but sophisticated, crimson cocktail! —StraighttotheHipsBaby
ounces XO grade brandy or cognac
ounce Unsweetened bottled cherry juice
ounce Fresh lemon juice
ounces Simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice and blackberries.
- Muddle thoroughly with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon in a pinch.
- Add a handful of ice and combine the simple syrup, Cointreau, brandy (or cognac), and cherry juice to the shaker.
- Close the shaker and vigorously shake for 30 seconds.
- Take your chosen glass and fill with a few ice cubes.
- Set a small sieve over the class and strain the cocktail.
- Garnish with a few fresh blackberries and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks