If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A classic cocktail with a berry twist! Fresh blackberries are muddled with lemon and tart cherry juice. Shaken with a mix of XO grade brandy & Cointreau, this is a fun, but sophisticated, crimson cocktail! —StraighttotheHipsBaby
ounces XO grade brandy or cognac
ounce Unsweetened bottled cherry juice
ounce Fresh lemon juice
ounces Simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice and blackberries.
- Muddle thoroughly with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon in a pinch.
- Add a handful of ice and combine the simple syrup, Cointreau, brandy (or cognac), and cherry juice to the shaker.
- Close the shaker and vigorously shake for 30 seconds.
- Take your chosen glass and fill with a few ice cubes.
- Set a small sieve over the class and strain the cocktail.
- Garnish with a few fresh blackberries and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks