Author Notes: Spicy, yet refreshing, this Cucumber-Jalapeno Margarita is perfect for sipping on a warm afternoon. Smooth & cool from the cucumber, with tart lime & a spicy jalapeno kick, this drink is finished with a mild exotic vanilla flavor from extra aged Anejo tequila. This cocktail is layered & simply addictive! —StraighttotheHipsBaby
ounces Anejo Tequila
ounces Fresh Lime Juice
ounces Simple Syrup
Fresh Jalapeno Pepper
- Begin by washing & drying the jalapeno and cucumber.
- Peel half the cucumber and slice 4 pieces into 1/4 inch rounds. Reserve.
- Slice 3 pieces of jalapeno into 1/4 inch rounds, keeping the seeds. Reserve.
- In a shaker, pour the simple syrup and add the cucumber & jalapeno slices.
- Muddle everything together using a muddler. Smash the cucumber & jalapeno as best you can, to release the juice and oils.
- Next, juice your limes.
- Add a large handful of ice to your shaker and pour the lime juice, Cointreau, and tequila into the shaker.
- Close and vigorously shake for 30 seconds to blend (the shaker should become frosted on the outside).
- Fill a large tumbler with ice and place a small sieve over the top.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass, catching any seeds or pulp.
- Garnish with several thinly cut rounds of cucumber & jalapeno pepper. Enjoy immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks