If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy, yet refreshing, this Cucumber-Jalapeno Margarita is perfect for sipping on a warm afternoon. Smooth & cool from the cucumber, with tart lime & a spicy jalapeno kick, this drink is finished with a mild exotic vanilla flavor from extra aged Anejo tequila. This cocktail is layered & simply addictive! —StraighttotheHipsBaby
ounces Anejo Tequila
ounces Fresh Lime Juice
ounces Simple Syrup
Fresh Jalapeno Pepper
- Begin by washing & drying the jalapeno and cucumber.
- Peel half the cucumber and slice 4 pieces into 1/4 inch rounds. Reserve.
- Slice 3 pieces of jalapeno into 1/4 inch rounds, keeping the seeds. Reserve.
- In a shaker, pour the simple syrup and add the cucumber & jalapeno slices.
- Muddle everything together using a muddler. Smash the cucumber & jalapeno as best you can, to release the juice and oils.
- Next, juice your limes.
- Add a large handful of ice to your shaker and pour the lime juice, Cointreau, and tequila into the shaker.
- Close and vigorously shake for 30 seconds to blend (the shaker should become frosted on the outside).
- Fill a large tumbler with ice and place a small sieve over the top.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass, catching any seeds or pulp.
- Garnish with several thinly cut rounds of cucumber & jalapeno pepper. Enjoy immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks