If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Minty Spring Pesto is made with toasted almonds, mint, basil, garlic and lemon zest, and is a perfect way to use up leftover herbs! —Angela Brown
Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 8-10 minutes, being sure to stir the nuts mid-way through. Add the almonds, basil leaves, mint leaves, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic clove to a food processor or Vitamix and blend until the ingredients are chopped. With the machine turned on low, drizzle in the olive oil and process until the pesto is smooth. If desired, lightly season the pesto with sea salt.