If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple green leaf lettuce, radish, and spring onion salad with a classic lemon vinaigrette. —Elizabeth Stark
Serves 4 to 6
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon medium-grain German mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 bunch radishes, leaves trimmed to 1/4 inch and quartered
- sea salt
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce, torn, any thick stems removed
- 3 spring onions, minced (if there are flowers, halve them and reserve for garnish)
- ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the spring onion, lemon juice, mustard, and sea salt. Whisking, gradually add in the olive oil until it is emulsified into the dressing.
- Toss the radishes with a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
- Set half of the lettuce leaves in a large bowl and toss with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the prepared vinaigrette. Add the remaining leaves and toss with another 1 to 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Toss the radishes with the remaining vinaigrette. Transfer the lettuce to a bowl or serving platter and scatter it with the radishes and spring onions just before serving. Finish with a pinch of sea salt, ground black pepper, and any reserved onion flowers.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!