1. Dice the carrots and onions, and sauté them in the olive oil in a medium-sized soup pot for 5 minutes.
2. Add your spices to the pot including turmeric, paprika, and ginger, and sauté them for 1 minute, allowing them to become aromatic.
3. Add 4 cups of vegetable broth to the pot, turn the burner up to high heat, bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and easily crushed by a fork.
4. Remove the soup from the heat, and add 1 tsp of lemongrass paste to the pot. This can be found in tubes in the produce section of most grocery stores. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree until the soup is smooth.
5. Lastly, stir in 1 can of coconut milk. Once the coconut milk has been added to the soup be sure NOT to simmer or boil it, as this can cause curdling. For dramatic effect you can set aside some of your coconut milk for drizzling over the soup!