If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Korean Japchae... similar to Filipino pancit. —mtlabor
- 1 rib eye steak, thinly sliced and most fat removed
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- handful of green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 package, vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/8 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add rice noodles. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, then drain and place in large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Mix well.
- Wash the spinach and blanch for about 1-2 minutes. Drain well and mix in with noodles.
- In a large skillet under medium high heat, add about 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil and stir-fry the carrots, onions, and garlic. Add that mixture to the noodles.
- Add beef and mushrooms to same skillet and cook until beef is done. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Stir in the green onions and add mixture to noodles.
- Finally, add in remaining soy sauce and sugar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Mix well and serve!