If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe for Rutabaga and Carrot Mash has the savory combination of rutabagas and asiago, with the bright flavor of carrots. —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
- 4 cups roughly chopped rutabagas
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup light table cream
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Chop your rutabagas and carrots and place them in a steamer. Steam for 15 minutes, or until they squish easily when pressed with a fork.
- 2. Place your cooked root vegetables in a mixing bowl with table cream and butter. Using a potato masher, mash the vegetables together. Be careful not to over mash so that there are still some lumps remaining.
- 3. Stir in asiago cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.