If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 16 scotch quail eggs
- 16 quail eggs
- 1 pound lean ground beef/pork/veal
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon green onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, for breading station
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- panko breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil for frying
- Put the quell eggs into a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes, then put into a bowl with ice water to cool.
- Mix the meat, herbs, and mustard in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Peel the eggs and set up a breading station, one bowl of flour, one bowl of egg wash and one bowl of panko breadcrumbs
- In the palm of one hand, flatten meat mix into an oval shaped. Roll egg in flour first, then put in the middle of the meat in your hand, shape the meat mix around the egg.
- Dip each egg in flour, then egg wash, then breadcrumbs, then egg and then breadcrumbs again.
- Fill a pan a third full of vegetable oil, and heat Cook the eggs, a couple at a time, for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden, put on the baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven 350F for 10-15 minutes.