If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ready for picnics? Ready for Gourmet Picnics?
One homemade dish can totally change the accent of your dejeuner sur l'herbe!
Buy fresh, wonderfully green asparagus, find a jar and fill it with a delicious dip.
Add freshly baked bread, cheese, strawberries and a bottle of white wine.
Your picnic is ready to go! —Claudia | Gourmet Project
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup kefir
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- the zest of ½ lemon
- Clean the asparagus (I use ½ cup of baking soda and ½ cup of white vinegar in 2-3 liters of water).
- Slowly bend them, one at the time, until the stem naturally brakes up: keep the top, that’s the totally edible part!
- Put them, standing, bottom up, in a steaming basket, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt. Place a cup of water and a tablespoon of turmeric on the bottom of a large pot, place the basket in it, cover and let cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat. You want them tender but not dampish.
- Meanwhile prepare the dip: mix well kefir, turmeric and all the other ingredients. Salt to taste. Done! Go on, dip one asparagus in the sauce… delicious, hu?
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff