If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fragilite Roulade with liquorice and Berries. Delicate, elegant, crisp, sweet dessert cake. The perfect crowd pleaser. —SweetSourSavory
grams Marzipan with liquorice (if you don't like liquorice just use regular marzipan)
pieces egg whites
Sprinkles, filling and toppings:
handful sliced almonds (sprinkles)
teaspoon raw liquorice powder (sprinkles) (optional)
milliliters heavy whipping cream (filling)
handfuls strawberries, cut in small pieces (filling)
pieces blackberries, for decorationg
- Preheat the oven for 360℉ (180℃)
- Mix the marzipans with one of the egg whites using your hand, it’s a bit messy, but it's the easiest way to get a homogenous mass.
- Whip the other two egg whites until you have soft peaks. Add the sugar and keep whipping until you have a shiny meringue with stiff peaks. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down.
- Fold the marzipan mixture in.
- Line a baking pan (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper and spray it.
- Spread the meringue evenly in the pan, sprinkle with slivered almonds and raw liquorice powder on top.
- Bake the meringue for about 15 minutes. The top should be lightly brown.
- When the cake is room temperature turn it upside down on a sheet of parchment paper. Cut of the edges of the cake, and it will roll easier.
- Filling: Whip the cream, and spread it onto the cake, except for the last inch in the top. The filling will be pressed out when you roll it. Cut the strawberries in pieces and drizzle them over the whipped cream.
- Use the parchment paper to roll the cake tightly.