If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired to create this recipe when I came across a great booth with fresh spring morel mushrooms at a weekday farmer's market in downtown Chicago. I gathered all the fresh vegetables and stopped by my favorite fish monger for fresh king salmon and made easy work of this on my grill and side burner for the sauce. —Brian
- 2 WIld King Salmon Filets
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced for garnish the other halved and juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, stems trimmed and rinsed and shaken of sand, or what mushrooms are freshest and available
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, woody ends triimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 pieces procuitto finely diced or 2 slices apple wood smoked bacon diced
- 1 cup teardrop or grape tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- .5 cups white wine or low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Heat Grill to Medium, oil rack or roast in oven at 425 degrees
- Pepper to taste 2 Wild King Salmon and Squeeze 1/2 lemon's juice
- Grill salmon filet, skin side down over indirect heat until flakes easliy, appx 10 min
- Over high heat in non-stick pan crisp proscuitto or render fat from bacon, if using bacon remove all but 1 tbls of fat, if using proscuitto, add butter to pan and melt, add in chopped morels until they give off their moisture, add in asparagus stems and saute until bright green, reserve heads. add in tomatoes and saute until they begin to pop, add asparagus heads and deglaze pan with wine or stock, lower heat and reduce liquid. add more butter for richer sauce.
- Meanwhile, rinse and cut any larger fingerlings so they are all appx same size put in microwave safe dish, add splash of olive oil or tsp butter and rosemary sprig, cover loosely with wax paper and microwave on high 3-4 minutes.
- Plate salmon with lemon slices, arrange potatoes to one side of dish and spoon mushroom and vegetables over fish along with reduced sauce.
- Serve with a well chilled crisp white wine, we enjoyed a bottle of Berganorio Tenuta Le Velette Orvieto Classico, 2005