If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A one cup per teaspoon Vegetarian and Vegan Bouillon for all dishes that require Vegetable or other kind of stock. (in my experience beef stock can be emulated by adding cumin)
Originally from the blog One Tough Cookie.
Makes about a gallon of bullion.
- 150 grams leeks, sliced & washed
- 200 grams fennel bulb, chopped
- 200 grams carrot, peeled and chopped
- 100 grams celery, Chopped
- 100 grams Celery root (Celeriac), peeled and Chopped
- 30 grams sun dried tomatoes
- 10 grams Shallots, peeled
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 150 grams fine grain sea salt
- 40 grams flat leaf parsley, losely chopped
- 60 grams cilantro, losely chopped
- Process the first four ingredients in the food processor until fine, then add the next four ingredients and salt, pulsing until combined. Last, add the parsley and cilantro, and process until you have a loose, moist paste.
- Store bouillon in airtight containers in the freezer. It will last for months and you can always keep a small jar in the fridge for ready use. (If you use the full amount of salt, however, the bouillon won't freeze completely and will remain scoopable, even straight from the freezer.)
- Start with 1 teaspoon of bouillon for each cup (250 ml) of water, then adjust to your tastes.