If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple, delicious, and innovative dinner that is sure to please every palate! —Amanda
Cauliflower Steak and Chickpea Mash
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 4 cups cauliflower, steamed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
- For the Cauliflower Steaks: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Slice cauliflower into two 1 inch steaks from the center of cauliflower. Set aside the remaining florets.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower steaks and sprinkle over curry powder, salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes, until caramelized and tender.
- For the Chickpea Mash: Steam the remaining cauliflower florets by placing them in a steamer basket over one inch of boiling water. You could place the cauliflower florets in a medium saucepan with one inch of boiling water, until soft.
- For the Chutney: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until totally smooth.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor and process with all other ingredients until smooth.
- Place half the chickpea mash in a shallow bowl. Place one cauliflower steak on top and drizzle over half the sauce. Repeat with the other steak.