Author Notes: A perfect recipe for the spring to use all the homegrown zucchinis, an elegant way of presenting a boring vegetable and a delicious way of cutting the extra starch from your meal (vs the traditional hasselback potatoes). —Prash
medium sized zucchinis
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoon crushed red peppers
cup shredded Parmesan
- Cut up the zucchini into slices but not all the way through. Place two chopsticks n either side of the zucchini to guide you through
- Chop the garlic. Place the garlic, salt, and crushed peppers in a mortar and pestle.
- Crush the garlic and blend them all into a thick paste.
- Mix it with creamy, softened butter & olive oil mixture. Add the fresh/dried thryme and mix well.
- Brush the seasoned butter all over the zucchini. Try to dab some gently in between the slices as well. Use half & save the reserves.
- Bake the hasselback zucchinis in a preheated oven at 425°F (220°C) for 45 to 60 minutes or until the outside is nice and crispy and the inside is tender.
- Halfway through the 60 min, brush with the remaining seasoned butter and continue baking
- When the baking process is almost complete, sprinkle the zucchinis liberally with Parmesan shreds and finish baking
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff