If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious twist on a classic! Two herbs instead of one and pistachios instead of pine nuts make for a delightfully springy (and GREEN) pesto. —lagougerie
Makes 1/2 cup
- 1 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1/2 cup de-shelled pistachios, unsalted
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parmesan cheese
- 1-2 small garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Put herbs, nuts, cheese, garlic, pepper flakes and about 1 tbsp olive oil in a food processor. Pulse several times until all ingredients are chopped, but not too smooth.
- Check consistency, add more olive oil if you like (I like a drier, chunkier pesto, but it's personal preference) and pulse a few more times.
- Check seasoning and add salt + pepper to taste.
- Serving suggestion: Toss pesto with pasta, a splash of olive oil, and a small amount of reserved pasta water (save this right before you drain). Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff