If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is green deliciousness and can be enjoyed any time of the year. It may not be a beautiful vibrant green after being pureed, but it sure is light, healthy, satisfying and full of flavor! —Always A Twist
- 1.5 pieces Zucchini, chopped into large cubes
- 10 pieces Baby carrots
- 2 pieces Celery, chopped into 5-6 pieces
- 3 pieces Green Onions, chopped into a few pieces (or 1/4 white onion, chopped)
- 4 ounces Baby spinach
- 2 pieces Garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 cups Water
- 3 pieces Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese
- pinches Sea salt
- pinches Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh chopped parsley
- In a deep soup pot toss in all ingredients except the parsley, sea salt, pepper and laughing cow cheese.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Place a lid halfway on pot and simmer vegetables for 15-20 minutes.
- After about 20 minutes test a baby carrot to see if your soup is ready – you should be able to slice right through the carrot without any effort. If so, remove soup from heat; if the carrot isn’t quite ready, simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow soup to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender (If using Laughing Cow cheese, add wedges into blender at this point) and puree all the vegetables with the fresh parsley.
- Pour soup back into pot and add sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: Finely slice a couple scallions and sprinkle on top of soup. You can also serve a few garlic croutons on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff