If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shredded carrots add a crunch to this light appetizer, but you can change it up with other vegetables, such as bean sprouts. When entertaining, keep the meat separate and provide a variety of veggies to choose so guests can assemble their own wraps. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/lettuce-wraps —Healthline
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 heads iceberg lettuce
- Heat canola oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat and add garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant and add turkey. Cook on medium heat until the meat is brown and beginning to look crumbly, about 10 minutes. Add soy sauce and mix to distribute evenly.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add carrots and scallions to the frying pan and stir just to combine (the vegetables will remain raw, but they'll be warmed).
- Carefully tear off lettuce leaves from the head, trying not to break the natural cup shapes of the leaves. Place the turkey and vegetable mixture in a serving bowl. To serve, spoon turkey mixture into lettuce cups.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff