If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, seasonal & nutritious recipe for probiotic-brimming & enzyme-rich lacto-fermented turnips & beets. Add color & zest to any spring-time meal! —The Soaked Bean
Makes 1 pint-sized jar
- 6 turnips
- 1/8 beet
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea-salt
- Sterilize lidded glass jar by filling it with boiling water. Let sit, then drain and let cool.
- Thinly slice turnips and 1/8 of a beet. Layer slices of turnip in jar, adding slice of beet every so often. Jar should be filled to the top with vegetables.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to jar. Fill to top with dechlorinated water, covering vegetables completely. Seal jar.
- Let ferment for 3 days to 2-weeks. After opening, store in the fridge. Will keep for many, many moons.