If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom used to make this soup with young bright green pumpkin, this days I use zucchini. —anka
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway, ground
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Shred zucchini and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt, let sit for 30 minutes and squeeze liquid out of shredded zucchini, put on the side.
- In a large sauce pan, heat the oil.Saute onion for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, add flour and saute for 2-3 minutes, add garlic and tomato paste
- Add zucchini, vegetable broth, caraway, parsley, salt and pepper bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes over low heat.
- Serve with sour cream at the table. If you are not using sour cream you can add milk to the soup ( 1 cup stock substitute for 1 cup milk)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash