If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best oatmeal cookies I've ever baked. Thanks to Merrill Stubbs from Food52. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 36 cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 piece large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups roll oats
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and two sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg until thoroughly incorporated. Mix in vanilla until well combined.
- On low speed, add flour mixture until just combined. Then fold in oats by hand.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls place onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave an inch apart between cookies.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until the edge is slightly brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.