If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hope you haven't missed the amazing asparagus this spring. Grab a bunch from the farmers market and make this tasty subji for dinner ! —Eden Tosch
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 piece ginger, minced or pounded
- 1 piece garlic, minced or pounded
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a saute pan on medium heat. Toast the mustard seeds, cumin, and hing until the mustard seeds pop.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook until starting to color slightly.
- Add the asparagus and season with a pinch of salt. Give it a good stir then pop the lid on the pan. Let it steam for a few minutes then give it another stir.
- Take off the lid and continue to cook the asparagus until it is tender, but still bright green and fresh.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and a bit of fresh lemon juice if you'd like.
- Serve with basmati rice and dal !