If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Classic eggplant salad. —Eden Tosch
- 4-6 Eggplants (3 lbs in total)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced or pounded to a paste
- 1 handful parsley, minced
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put the whole eggplant (stem and all!) into the oven on a parchment-lined tray and roast for about an hour, or until they are soft all the way through.
- When they have cool down, remove the skins, chop the flesh coarsely, and place in a food processor. Add lemon juice, tahini (or yogurt), garlic, and salt to taste, and puree.
- Stir in the parsley and spread into a shallow serving dish. Drizzle with olive oil and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.