If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect spring dish with sweet roasted fennel on a bed of spinach, jewelled with pomegranate seeds and drizzled with a fresh tahini dressing. —Natalie Tamara
- 4 fennel bulbs, stalks trimmed and cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or plant-based honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 450 grams fresh spinach leaves
- 4 cooked or pickled beetroot, cut into cubes
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat oil on a baking tray in the oven for a few minutes. Once hot, add the fennel and black pepper to the baking tray and mix well to coat the fennel.
- Roast in the oven for around 25 minutes before adding the maple syrup/honey, mix well and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes until the fennel has turned golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, oil and lemon together until they are fully combined to form a smooth sauce. If it is too thick, add a little more oil or lemon.
- Add the spinach and beetroot to a bowl then top with the roasted fennel. Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and drizzle over the tahini dressing.
- Serve whilst the fennel is still warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff