If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An absolutely delicious vegetarian soft taco that even meat-eaters will LOVE! Sweet potatoes mixed with protein packed black beans make these extra hearty! —The Chunky Chef
Honey Lime Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- dashes salt and pepper
- dashes chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounces can of black beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- flour tortillas
- shredded romaine lettuce
- shredded purple cabbage
- diced avocado
- minced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside. Peel and dice sweet potatoes and place in large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add in paprika, cumin, chili powder, coriander, cayenne and salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and slightly caramelized, stirring once halfway through baking.
- While the potatoes are roasting, in a large skillet, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute about 5 - 6 minutes, adding in garlic during last minute of cooking. Reduce heat a bit, to medium-low, add in drained and rinsed black beans, and corn, and heat until warmed through.
- Add in roasted sweet potatoes, drizzle with honey and lime juice and cilantro. Stir to combine well. Serve over warm tortillas with desired toppings.
- Combine sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, and chili powder in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Serve drizzled over the tacos.