If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spring recipe showcasing ingredients sourced from the local farmers' market. —Sara Haston
- 1 cup English Peas (shelled)
- 1/2 cup Farro (uncooked)
- 1 sprig Green Garlic
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 cup Flour
Greek Style Spring Vegetable Salad
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 cup Fava Beans (shelled)
- 1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 bunch Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1½ cups of water with ½ cup of farro, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until farro is fully cooked.
- Blanch peas in salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from water and let cool.
- Dice red onion and green garlic. Saute in olive oil on medium heat for 4 minutes. Add in salt and pepper, spices and saute for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine peas, farro, sauteed red onion and green garlic, eggs, flour. Form into patties, place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Blanch fava beans for four minutes, let cool then remove the outer shells.
- Slice ends of asparagus, chop into ¼ inch slices. Blanch 2-3 minutes then let cool.
- Whisk together Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Finely chop parsley, then add to dressing. Taste and correct seasonings.
- Combine asparagus, fava beans, kalamata olives and feta. Coat with dressing and toss, then keep chilled until patties are ready.
- To cook patties bring a pan to medium heat, add olive oil to coat pan, place patties in pan. Cook patties 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Plate two patties and salad, serve, and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff